Thursday, July 5, 2007

Chores

One of my favorite blogs is I Hate Laundry, which I was attracted to initially because of its title. I don't think it's appropriate to say that I hate laundry. Perhaps it's more appropriate to say that I loathe it. I've tried all sorts of things to get me to relish (or at least tolerate) the experience: a new washer (nope), a Martha-would-be-proud makeover of our laundry room (nope), a menagerie of detergents and dryer sheets (nope).

I hate doing laundry. But here's a caveat: I love to iron my pillowcases. And I do. Everytime I wash them, with lavender-scented spray. I'm often a little embarrassed to admit that I do this, less others would assume that my household is, in any other even little way, subject to maintenance of this extravagance.


Ironically, I hate to iron just about anything else (except dinner napkins) and I literally cannot recall the last time any item of my clothing was kissed with an iron's fiery weight, but ironing my pillowcases and slipping into sleep upon slick, smooth pillows is a little bit heavenly.

Now for some wrinkles I am really into:

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

I don't like laundry either, but its amazing that you like to iron your pillow cases! NEat!

Galadriel Thompson said...

I love it that you iron your pillowcases! With lavender water to boot. Seems so wonderfully decadent. My ironing board is covered in fabric glue and melted crayons. I don't iron. Thanks for the mention! I'll be sending pics soon. I want to get them all painted and prettified before I do though: )

Galadriel Thompson said...

P.S what a squish bucket! I love that picture of that little sweetheart!