Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Seeds

I recently saw a T-shirt that said I listen to bands that don't even exist yet. I have a handful of friends who pride themselves on that very achievement, but I am so not one of those people. One of two things usually happens when I think I have found a wonderful artist or album: either everyone is like, "Duh - we know" - or - "They are sooooo overrated".

So I am not going to even embarrass myself by claiming to have found a diamond in the rough in Martin Sexton's new album, Seeds, I will only say that it has been a long, long time since I have enjoyed a CD this much. (Readers insert thoughts about my music taste here.)

It's the kind of music that you want to have on when the weather's balmy and you haven't got a care in the world. Or at least when you wish those things were true.

I'm a really crappy dancer, but that album makes me want to grab a cold one, tie up my shirttails and shake that thang.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Girl, just go shake that thang!..since becoming a mother, I know nothing about what's hip on the music scene so thanks for the scoop :)

Sew Succulent said...

amy - I will shake it, but i'd bet you wouldn't want to see it!! ;-)